Trump Among Targets For Assassination By Iran: Us Intelligence
- Tehran reportedly seeking revenge over 2020 killing of top general Qassem Soleimani
- Top members of Trump administration also among targets
LONDON: Iran may be planning to assassinate top members of Donald Trumps administration, including the former president himself, in revenge for the killing of Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani, a US intelligence report has warned.
Issued by the National Counterterrorism Center, the report also identifies threats against former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Kenneth McKenzie, former head of US Central Command, The Independent reported.
Since January 2021, Tehran has publicly expressed a willingness to conduct lethal operations inside the United States and has consistently identified former president Donald Trump, former secretary of state Michael Pompeo, and former CENTCOM Commander Gen. Kenneth McKenzie as among its priority targets for retribution, the report said.
Iran would probably view the killing or prosecution of a US official it considers equivalent in rank and stature to Soleimani or responsible for his death as successful retaliatory actions.
Iran is waging a multipronged campaign to avenge the death of the former Quds Force chief, including threats of lethal action, international legal maneuvering, and the issuance of Iranian arrest warrants and sanctions, the report said.
Soleimani was killed in a US drone strike outside Baghdad airport in January 2020.
What Were Fbi Agents Looking For At Mar
FBI agents who raided Donald Trump‘s Florida estate have been in discussions since June with his legal team about a trove of presidential documents on the property, it emerged on Monday night, as speculation continued to swirl about what exactly they were looking for.
The raid was carried out on Monday, and confirmed by Trump himself. The White House is believed to have learnt of the raid when the rest of the world did, and was not informed in advance.
In February it emerged that Trump had taken classified documents out of the White House when he left in January 2021, and some of those were handed over to the National Archives.
Monday’s raid is thought likely to be related to the remaining boxes of documents, although it remained unclear why the FBI decided to raid the estate.
CNN reported on Monday evening that investigators were at Mar-a-Lago on June 8, meeting Trump’s lawyers to discuss the documents.
Trump was not questioned, the network reported, but stopped by and greeted the investigators and his two attorneys.
The two attorneys then took the investigators to a basement room and showed them where the documents were stored.
Five days later, Trump’s attorneys received a letter asking them to enhance the security on the store room, and a padlock was then placed on the door.
It’s unclear why the FBI then decided to raid the property.
Trump gave his public backing to Levy late last week, calling her on Monday the best pick ‘to replace Connecticut´s joke of a senator.’
Security Incidents Involving Donald Trump
Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States, was involved in numerous security incidents, including assassination threats and attempts. The first known attempt occurred before Trump was the official Republican nominee, at a campaign rally during the 2016 presidential election.
On June 18, 2016, Trump was giving a speech at the Treasure Island Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada as part of his presidential campaign. During the speech, Michael Steven Sandford, a 20-year-old British man, attempted to grab a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police officer’s pistol. The officer quickly subdued Sandford and he was arrested and handed over to the United States Secret Service, where he expressed his desire to murder Trump, claiming if he were on the street tomorrow, he would try this again. Sandford was later sentenced to 12 months and one day’s imprisonment, along with being fined $200. After becoming eligible for early release, Sandford was released and deported to the United Kingdom in May 2017.
Also Check: Patriots Vs Eagles Preseason Live Stream
Iran Plotting To Kill Donald Trump In Assassination Plot Intelligence Leak Says
Iran is seeking to avenge the United States for the death of Major General Qassim Soleimani, a powerful Iranian commander, at the hands of a US drone strike two years ago
- 12:38, 15 Jul 2022
The Middle East nation is seeking to avenge the United States for the death of Major General Qassim Soleimani, a powerful Iranian commander, at the hands of a US drone strike two years ago.
The astonishing claim came from the latest National Counterterrorism Centre report that said the Iranian regime is “waging a multi-pronged campaign against select US officials”.
It said this includes threats of lethal action, international legal manoeuvring, and the issuance of Iranian arrest warrants and sanctions.
Commander Soleimani was considered one of the most powerful military figures in the Middle East, conspiring and assisting with the bloody Russian military intervention in Syria as well as providing extensive assistance to the Hezbollah militant group in Lebanon.
The leading Iranian figure was killed in a drone strike near Baghdad airport when he was visiting Iraq in January 2020.
It continued that Iran would likely view the killing or prosecution of a US official like Trump as an equivalent in rank and stature to Soleimani “or responsible for his death as successful retaliatory actions.
Is Trump Trying To Kill Us All
He tries to end health insurance during a pandemic, attacks peaceful protesters, weaponizes racism, and leaves our soldiers to die.
Donald Trump might feel that his best chance for reelection is if he kills us all.
Its not as far-fetched as you might think. He has already taken nine lethal shots at us, and the year is only half over.
Six months ago, our government had the opportunity to confront a budding pandemic. In the weeks that followed, the Trump administration dragged its feet, obfuscated, deflected, and wished away any bad news. Trumps behavior bordered on silly, but dangerously so such as not allowing a cruise ship to dock because it would inflate our numbers.
Instead of keeping the numbers down legitimately by adopting an aggressive stance against the virus, Trump let valuable time go by before the federal government temporarily stepped into action. We were warned at the beginning that if the government didnt move boldly, we would be in trouble. We were also told that if we didnt get it right the first time, and if we opened the economy too soon, wed be forced to close up shop once again, because economies national and local cant function with an overwhelmed health system.
Trumps first infliction: ignoring the virus and then addressing it mildly, which took tens of thousands of lives.
At this point, Trump had tried to kill us twice in the first four months of the year.
Trumps fifth and sixth cruel stabs to our country and his massacre continues.
Also Check: Miami Dolphins New England Patriots Tickets
Sign Up To Our Free Morning Us Email News Bulletin
Adam Bies, 46, faces up to 10 years in prison for the violent threats, which authorities say were almost all made after the 8 August search of the former presidents home for classified documents.
Court papers state that the FBIs National Threat Operations Section was tipped off about a Gab user, who went by the name BlankFocus, making the threats on the far-right social media network.
My only goal is to kill more of them before I drop, he allegedly wrote, according to investigators, who say they tracked an email address and IP address to the suspect.
Mr Bies was charged with influencing, impeding, or retaliating against federal law enforcement officers and remains in custody until a court hearing later this week.
Im ready for the inevitable. Once you accept reality for what it is instead of what you want or to be, you can move on with your life and get prepared for the inevitable outcome, the suspect is accused of writing in another post.
I already know Im going to die at the hands of these piece of s**t child molesting law enforcement scumbags. My only goal is to kill more of them before I drop. I will not spend one second of my life in their custody.
Last week the FBI and Department of Homeland Security issued a joint intelligence bulletin warning of an increased threat to federal agents as a result of the search.
Man Gets 18 Months In Prison For Threatening To Kill Trump
A 36-year-old Texas man has been sentenced to 18 months in federal prison for threatening to assassinate President Donald Trump
DALLAS — A 36-year-old Texas man has been sentenced to 18 months in federal prison for threatening to assassinate President Donald Trump, prosecutors said.
Mickael Gedlu was sentenced Friday, according to a statement from U.S. Attorney Erin Nealy Coxs office in Dallas. He pleaded guilty in December to making threats against Trump.
According to plea documents, Gedlu admitted he threatened Trump’s life on social media, stating on YouTube: I am waiting for Trump to visit Dallas before I attempt to assassinate him.
During court proceedings, prosecutors said that on May 31, 2018, Gedlu was observed across the street from Dallas Adolphus Hotel just 30 minutes before Trump arrived there for a fundraiser. Dallas police officers noticed Gedlu holding a Kill Trump sign and detained him as he screamed kill the president.
Prosecutors said the U.S. Secret Service conducted the investigation with the assistance of Dallas police.
Read Also: Bloomberg A Republican Or Democrat
British Man Who Tried To Kill Trump Released From Prison Deported To Uk
Police removing Michael Sandford in June 2016 in Las Vegas.
A British national who was jailed for attempting to steal a police officer’s gun in an effort to shoot Donald Trump at a Las Vegas rally was released from prison and deported to the United Kingdom on Wednesday, authorities said.
Michael Steven Sandford, 21, arrived in London on Thursday after a flight from Seattle, Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Virginia Kice told the Associated Press. He was being held at a federal prison near the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
He served less than five months of his sentence, but was in U.S. custody for nearly 11 months.
In December, Sandford was sentenced to a year in prison after he pleaded guilty to being an illegal alien in possession of a firearm and disrupting an official function, the Guardian reported.
“I tried to take a gun from a policeman to shoot someone with, and I’m pleading guilty,” Sandford told the judge during his hearing last September.
He was in the U.S. illegally after overstaying his visa by 90 days. A federal judge acknowledged in December that Sandford was diagnosed with psychotic mental illness.
Sanford was arrested on June 18, 2016 after he lunged for an officer’s gun inside the Treasure Island hotel-casino during a campaign rally for Trump, who was the U.S. Republican presidential candidate at the time. He asked the officer if he could get an autograph from Trump, court documents showed.
Iranian Operative Charged Over ‘plot To Kill Donald Trump’s Former Adviser John Bolton’ Says Us
Shahram Poursafi, who American officials state is a member of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard, is wanted by the FBI on charges related to the alleged murder-for-hire plot.
Wednesday 10 August 2022 19:56, UK
Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player
The US says an Iranian operative has been charged over an alleged plot to murder John Bolton who was national security adviser to former president Donald Trump.
Shahram Poursafi, who American officials state is a member of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard, is wanted by the FBI on charges related to the alleged murder-for-hire plot.
Mr Bolton told Sky News: “I think this is a plot by the Iranian government against a former official of the US government. I can say I’m not the only one that the Ayatollahs in Tehran are trying to assassinate.”
He added: “It’s not just former government officials, it’s private citizens in the US. This is a murderous, lying regime. It’s an enemy of the US and we need to treat it that way.
“I think this unsealed document helps the citizens of the US and really in the world as a whole see exactly what the nature of the regime in Tehran is.”
According to the US Justice Department, the alleged plan was likely to be in retaliation for the January 2020 US drone strike that killed the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force, Major General Qassem Soleimani – dubbed the second most powerful person in the Middle East country.
You May Like: Ferry To Fort Sumter From Patriots Point
New York City Man Charged With Threatening To Kill Donald Trump
A 72-year-old New York man was arrested Monday on a charge of threatening to kill former President Donald Trump. But it doesnt appear there was ever any danger: The man is accused of making his threats directly to the Secret Service.
Thomas Welnicki repeatedly made threats against Trump in several phone calls to the Secret Service, beginning a year ago and continuing last September, November and December, according to federal court documents. Hes accused of making similar statements to the U.S. Capitol Police.
I am going to do anything I can to take out , Welnicki said in a voicemail message to the Secret Service on Jan. 4, according to the complaint. Oh, yeah, thats a threat. Come and arrest me.
Trump was not identified by name in the complaint, which was filed in Brooklyn federal court. But a footnote said the person identified as Individual-1 was U.S. president from Jan. 20, 2017, to Jan. 20, 2021.
The complaint said Welnicki called the Secret Service three times from his cellphone on or around Nov. 8, 2021, and identified himself by name each time. During the first call, Welnicki repeatedly referred to Trump as Hitler.
I will do everything I can to make sure is dead, Welnicki said, according to the complaint.
Welnicki had multiple voluntary interviews with law enforcement over the last 18 months, according to federal prosecutors.
At the end of the interview, he said, I really hope that God takes out.
Get Our Free Inside Washington Email
Videos played by the House Select Committee investigating the Capitol attack on January 6 2021 show the mob threatening then-Vice President Mike Pence as he was refusing to aid then-President Donald Trump in his efforts to overturn the 2020 election.
The threats against Mr Pence came after Mr Trump falsely told them that Mr Pence had the power to change the outcome of the election.
Introducing the video, Representative Pete Aguilar said that the attack on the Capitol was the effect of Donald Trumps words and actions.
The video started with Mr Trump speaking on January 6, saying that Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us and if he doesnt that will be a sad day for our country.
Mike Pence I hope youre going to stand up for the good of our constitution and for the good of our country, Mr Trump added. And if youre not I will be very disappointed in you, Ill tell you right now.
Read Also: Does Trump Take A Salary
New York Man Charged With Threatening To Kill Donald Trump
Thomas Welnicki expressed interest in killing then president in interview with Capitol police in July 2020, complaint says
A New York man upset with what he perceived as Donald Trumps threat to democracy was criminally charged on Monday with threatening to kill the former president, who he once referred to as Hitler.
According to an unsealed complaint, Thomas Welnicki, 72, from Rockaway Beach, expressed interest in killing the then president in an interview with US Capitol police in July 2020 and in several calls to the Secret Service the following year.
Welnicki was charged with threatening to kill, kidnap and inflict bodily harm on Trump.
Mr Welnicki intended no harm to anyone, said his lawyer, Deirdre von Dornum, attorney-in-charge of the federal defenders office in Brooklyn.
He was expressing how distraught he was at what he saw as the threats to our democracy posed by former President Trump.
Lawyers and spokesmen for Trump did not respond to requests for comment.
Trump was identified as Individual-1 in the complaint, which was filed in Brooklyn federal court. A footnote said Individual-1 was president from 20 January 2017 to 20 January 2021.
Welnicki allegedly told Capitol police that if Trump lost the 2020 election and refused to leave office, he would acquire weapons and take him down.
According to the complaint, in one voicemail left with the Secret Service, Welnicki said he would do anything I can to take out Trump.
Deep State Is ‘going To Kill The President’ Alex Jones Claims
Right-wing radio personality Alex Jones said Friday that the so-called Deep State is planning to assassinate President Donald Trump.
He and others on the far right have been accusing career government employees in the Deep State, particularily those who work in national security, of conspiring against Trump and his agenda. Far-right internet personality Mike Cernovich joined Jones Friday in predicting a coup against Trump in the next couple of months.
“They’re saying, ‘A month or two we’re going to kill the president, month or two we’re going to remove him,'” Jones said. “This is so sinister.”
Jones has a substantial following, with 4.8 million unique visits to his Infowars.com between June 5 and July 4, according to Quantcast. On Friday, he followed up with a call to arms, saying the Deep State is planning to kill Trump supporters as well as the president.
“If they ban us from YouTube, that’s when Trump will be killed, there’s no question about it,” Cernovich said. “They’re going to kill us, they’re going to kill him, they’re going to kill everybody.”
In recent months, the Infowars host and other conspiratorial right-wingers have been predicting a second civil war between conservatives and liberals. Jones and Cernovich alleged they were being censored by YouTube and Google and talked about planning protests against tech giants, including one at Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg’s house.
You May Like: American Patriot Getaways Pigeon Forge Cabin Rentals