Patriot America Plus Travel Medical Insurance For Non
Patriot America Plus Travel Medical Insurance is designed for non-US residents traveling out of their country of residence to destinations including the US, regardless of visa type. Cost starts at about $1/day. Purchase 5 days – 1 year, and renewable up to 2 years. After submitting an application online successfully, you will receive an Email in a few minutes which contains your insurance ID card and your confirmation letter . You can use the confirmation letter as proof of your insurance.
Patriot America Plus has more benefits than Patriot America because coverage includes medical expenses for acute onset of pre-existing conditions prior to age 70. Acute onset pre-ex is covered up to the selected benefit limit. Patriot America Plus covers COVID-19 same as any illness.
What Is The Acute Onset Of Pre
A sudden and unexpected outbreak or reoccurrence that is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires urgent medical care. A Pre-existing Condition that is chronic or congenital, or that gradually becomes worse over time is not an Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition. An Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition does not include any condition for which, as of the Effective date, the Insured Person
knew or reasonably foresaw he/she would receive,
knew he/she should receive,
had scheduled, or
were told that he/she must or should receive, any medical care, drugs or Treatment.
Patriot America Plus Travel Insurance Benefits
Patriot America Plus visitors insurance plan is designed to primarily cover new medical conditions, injuries, or accidents that may occur after the effective date of the policy. As medically required, it will provide coverage for surgery, an ICU, a hospital room & board, a physician visit, an MRI, a CT scan, an X-ray, lab work, urgent care, an emergency room visit, prescription drugs and more. Apart from the medical benefits, Patriot America Plus travel insurance also provides coverage for emergency medical evacuation, repatriation of remains, loss of checked luggage, trip interruption, return of minor children, and emergency reunion benefits.
For complete details of the benefits, please review Patriot America Plus travel insurance.
Recommended Reading: Are There Any Republicans Running Against Trump
Patriot America Plus Is A Comprehensive Plan For Foreign
COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 / Coronavirus: Patriot America Plus Insurance purchased on or after September 1, 2020 will include coverage up to the plan maximum for COVID-19, if contraction and treatment occur after the policy effective date. For policies effective from March 11, 2020 through August 31, 2020, COVID-19 will NOT be covered and excluded from coverage. The World Health Organization had declared the coronavirus related disease as a pandemic, hence the exclusion applies per the previous policy certificate of insurance document.
Patriot America Plus Insurance provides comprehensive coverage for visitors to USA, or non-US citizens traveling to America or outside country of residence. Patriot Plus Insurance is a visitors insurance plan for visiting USA, this comprehensive policy is very similar to the standard Patriot America Insurance policy, but the IMG Patriot America Plus policy provides enhanced benefits with the important feature acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage up to policy maximum selected for individuals who are aged below 70 years. However, the standard Patriot America plan excludes the sudden and unexpected recurrence of pre-existing condition coverage benefit found in the IMG Patriot America Plus policy.
- Review the Patriot America Plus Insurance Certificate
IMG Patriot America Plus is administered by International Medical Group , and is underwritten by Sirius Specialty Insurance Corporation, which is rated A Excellent by A.M. Best.
Patriot America Plus Benefits
As of April, 2017 Here are the published list of their Patriot America Plus plan benefits. Please check with the company directly for any changes.
- Do you recommend this travel insurance plan? Yes, if you are looking for a good comprehensive coverage plan.
- How much does it cost to buy it? Pretty cheap in my opinion and it is worth it.
Also Check: New England Patriots Zippo Lighter
How Patriot America Travel Insurance Works
Since this is a PPO plan, you can go to any Doctor or hospital you like. To get better rates and choices, its recommended that you visit an in-network Doctor. Finding one is easy. You just need to call up the insurance customer helpline and find out the hospitals/Doctors who are in-network approved in your area.
After the deductible, plan pays 90% for the first $5,000 and 100% after that.
Patriot Plus Insurance Ppo Network
IMG Patriot America Plus Insurance has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, diagnostic labs, and other caregivers. The plan uses the third-party FirstHealth PPO network or the UnitedHealthCare PPO network for doctors, caregivers and providers.
- Provider Network: Search and find doctors, hospitals, labs, and other providers within the IMG PPO Network to to save on coinsurance charges.
Quote & Buy
Recommended Reading: How Many Seats Did Democrats Gain
Img Popular Insurance Plans With Pre
Traveling to another country can involve paperwork for passports and visa. Travel health insurance or visitor health insurance has now become an very important requirement for international travel. Travel insurance can be purchased with ease online. The absence of adequate travel health insurance can make your trip a nightmare while having one can make your trip an enjoyable experience. One never knows when a medical condition can occur while you are outside your home country in a new place, new people, new culture.
There are several private insurance companies in the market offering visitor health insurance plans for people visiting other countries including the US. There are two kinds of plans Fixed or scheduled benefits vs Comprehensive insurance. Here is a review of one of the most popular comprehensive plan for visitors to US.
Patriot America Plus:
- Adventure sports rider
Can I Cancel My Patriot Plan
- If any claims have been filed with the Company, the Premium is fully earned and is non-refundable.
- If no claims have been filed with the Company:
- a cancellation fee of $50.00 USD will be charged
- only Premium covering time periods after cancellation are refundable
Claims will be paid depending on where you are located and where you seek treatment:
- In-network while inside the USA
- When you visit a provider that is part of the plan network your insurance bill is typically paid directly, so you would just need to pay your deductible at the time of treatment. To confirm direct billing, it is important to check with the provider before you seek treatment.
- Out-of-network while inside the USA
- Generally, when you visit a provider that is outside the network, you will need to pay for all services up front and then submit a claim form, along with any bills and receipts from your visit, for reimbursement.
- Outside the USA
- When visiting a provider around the world, please pay for the services up front and then submit a claim form for reimbursement.
If you’re hospitalized for an emergency or planned hospitalization, you’ll need to call the 24-hour emergency assistance number located on the back of your insurance ID card, and they’ll assist you further with settling the hospital bills.
Read Also: Is Minnesota A Republican State
Patriot America Plus Insurance For Visitors To The Usa
- Who: Patriot America Plus Insurance is available for Non-U.S. residents who need temporary medical insurance while traveling for business or pleasure to the United States. Ideal for parents, family or friends visiting the US from their home country.
- What: Patriot America Plus Insurance Plan provides comprehensive and affordable visitor medical insurance that includes benefits such as hospitalization, prescription drugs, and urgent care visits. The plan provides a wide range of plan maximum limits and deductible options, and it is available for a minimum of five days up to a maximum of two years.
- Where: Provides coverage in the United States.
Patriot America Plus Plan Overview
The IMG Patriot Plus Visitor Health Insurance policy highlights are as follows:
Please review the IMG Patriot America Plus policy details and additional information below:
- Injury during Recreational Sports & Activities
- Emergency Medical Evacuation, Reunion or Political Evacuation
- Return of Mortal Remains or Cremation/Burial
- Return of Minor Children
- Coverage outside country of residence
- Trip Interruption and Lost Luggage Coverage
- Coverage for Terrorism, Natural Disaster, Identity Theft
Read Also: How Many Senators Voted For The Affordable Care Act
What Coverage And Benefits Are Offered By Patriot America Plus Insurance
Patriot America Plus provides short-term travel medical coverage outside the residence. The plan is available to US citizens as well as non-US citizens whose residence is not in the US and needs coverage in the US. In-network, the plan waives the co-insurance. Deductibles are waived for Urgent Care and have a $25 co-pay. The plan can be purchased from 5 days to 12 months and then renewed up to 2 years for continuous coverage.
- Coverage for Hospitalization, ER, Dr. Office Visits, Prescription Drugs for individuals, groups, and their dependents
- Urgent Care $25 copay and No Deductible
- Walk- In Clinic $15 copay and No Deductible
- In-Network, Coinsurance waived
- COVID-19 coverage for travelers to the U.S.
- Coverage for non-chronic Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions for people under the age of 70 years.
Patriot America Visitor Insurance
Patriot America Insurance is a visitor medical insurance plan designed for non-US citizens who are planning to travel outside their home country of residence. Patriot America is a comprehensive visitor health insurance that is best suitable for covering of parents, in-laws, friends and other relatives visiting the United States. This visitors insurance plan can be …
Recommended Reading: How Many Times Did Republicans Vote To Repeal Aca
Best Visitors Insurance For Parents Visiting Usa
Parents visiting USA from countries like India and China has increased in recent years with the advent of the jet-age. In this scenario, it is necessary to find the best visitor insurance company providing top coverage in America for senior visiting parents, older aged relatives. One of the basic requests in the quest to find …
Patriot America Plus Travel Insurance
What is acute onset of pre-existing condition?
Acute onset of pre-existing conditions means sudden, unexpected emergency due to a pre-existing condition that can be dangerous to life and the traveler cannot wait to get treatment in the home country but to receive treatment immediately. It should be noted that for acute onset coverage, treatment must be sought within the defined time period for the plan and chronic and congenital conditions may not be covered.
Is IMG travel insurance legit? Is IMG a real insurance company?
International Medical Group has been offering travel insurance products since 1990. Based in Indianapolis, IMG has more than 300 employees and offers 25+ travel insurance products for travelers to the US as well as for US citizens traveling overseas. Their products are ideal people traveling to the United States as tourists on B1 visa, international students on F1 visa, Exchange scholars on J visa, professionals on the H1B visa as well as US travelers who are looking for trip cancellation insurance for travel insurance.
Does Patriot America Plus insurance cover Covid ? Does Patriot America Plus insurance cover Coronavirus ?
Patriot America Plus covid insurance coverage is available for plans purchased after September 1st, 2020. Patriot America plus insurance Coronavirus coverage includes eligible medical expenses resulting from COVID-19 up to the medical maximum.
Can I buy Patriot America Plus insurance after my arrival in the US?
Also Check: Orange County Ca Republican Voter Guide
Buying Patriot America Plus Travel Insurance
Even though Patriot America Plus travel insurance is available from many websites including from the insurance company itself, it is always advisable to purchase it from a neutral broker such as Insubuy. Insubuy works for you and gives you the best support and advice before and after the purchase. Insubuy has won many awards from IMG for being the top producer for them for a very long time. You will pay the same price, no matter where you purchase it from. However, if you run into legitimate claims issues, Insubuys Claims Resolution Department will help you get them resolved. They will work with you patiently and work with the insurance company rigorously until your legitimate claim is handled. Since such additional assurances and help is provided to you at no additional cost, we highly recommend you purchase from Insubuy.
How useful was this post?
What Information Is Needed To Buy The Plan
The application will need the following information of the visitor: name, date of birth, residence address and email address to send the insurance documents. If you have a passport number, you can enter it. A valid credit card will be required to complete the purchase.
Immediately after submitting the application, an email will be sent to the email address provided on the application which will include links to download the ID card, Visa Letter, and Certificate wording.
Don’t Miss: How To Watch Patriots Without Cable
Who Is Eligible For Patriot America Plus Insurance
Patriot America Plus provides coverage to Non-U.S. residents who need temporary medical insurance while traveling for business, studying or pleasure to the US.
In order to be eligible and qualified for coverage under Patriot America Plus, a person must meet all of the following requirements:
Patriot America Plus Travel Insurance Restrictions
While Patriot America Plus visitors insurance has many excellent features, it has several restrictions:
- As there is no coverage for acute onset of pre-existing conditions for 70 plus years, it is better to purchase a cheaper alternative such as Patriot America insurance.
- Not available if the mailing address is in the state of Maryland.
- While most other US based visitors insurance plans charge a $25 cancellation fee, Patriot America Plus has a $50 cancellation fee.
- Unlike some other visitors insurance plans, there is a 50% penalty for failure to do pre-certification.
Read Also: Patriot Lighting Tisbury Ii
Patriot America Plus Travel Insurance Review
Patriot America Plus insurance is a popular comprehensive coverage plan for non-US residents traveling to the United States for a short period of time. It can cover non-US citizens, green card holders, as well as US citizens briefly visiting the United States as long as their country of residence is outside the US and they intend to return to their country of residence. For parents, in-laws, or other relatives visiting the USA for tourism, site seeing, leisure, or just to spend some time with family, Patriot America Plus is a popular travel insurance for USA excursions.
After you pay the deductible, Patriot America Plus will cover 100% up to the policy maximum within the United Healthcare PPO Network. Outside the PPO network, it will cover 80% to $5,000, then 100% to the policy maximum. However, for an US urgent care visit, the copay is $25 and for a US walk-in clinic, the copay is $15 copay in both of these situations, the deductible is waived.
Patriot America Plus is available for someone as old as 120 years of age however, for the 80 plus years old group the policy maximum is only $10,000.
Patriot America Plus insurance is underwritten by Sirius Specialty Insurance Corporation, and is rated A- Excellent by A.M. Best.
Patriot America Plus Insurance Faq
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Patriot America Plus insurance plan:
Who is eligible to purchase the Patriot America Plus policy?
Foreign residents visiting USA for a short term up to a year
The Patriot America Plus plan is available for non-US resident who are visiting the United States for a short-term duration of up to 1 year. The Patriot Plus plan is also available for US citizens who live permanently outside the USA , and are traveling to the USA for a short visit.
What information is necessary to complete application to buy Patriot Plus policy?
Coverage dates, insured names, birth dates, payment card needed
Any person can can apply to purchase the Patriot America Plus policy for an eligible insured person . To complete the online application, you would need the names of the insured, dates of birth, passport numbers , residence address of of the visitors, billing/mailing addresses, and a valid credit card.
When and where will I receive the policy ID card and visa letter?
Policy fullfilment is automatically sent to inbox immediately
Is the Patriot America Plus plan renewable?
Patriot America Plus plan is renewable
If you buy the Patriot America Plus plan initially for more than 30 days, you can renew the policy up to the maximum coverage duration of 2 years prior to the the policy expiration date. An additional $5 renewal fee is added in addition to the premium for the extended days of coverage.
Acute-onset of pre-existing conditions covered
Recommended Reading: Planned Parenthood Abortion Quotas Snopes
Patriot America Plus Insurance Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium. A a written request is required.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is fully refunded.
- Active Policy: After the effective date of coverage, and if there are outstanding claims, the premium is considered to be fully earned and hence it is non-refundable. Also, after the start date, if the policy has not been used and there are no claims outstanding, whole un-used month refunds are considered for a partial refund, and a $50 cancellation fee also applies.