Is It Safe To Drive With The Battery Light On
Be sure to turn off the radio, air conditioner, and the lights unless you are driving at night. The purpose of the alternator is to charge your 2017 Jeep Patriot battery while you are driving. When the alternator isn’t working perfectly, it can cause the battery to entirely drain all its power, leaving you stranded if the vehicle is turned off. If your 2017 Jeep Patriot battery warning light comes on while driving, be sure to turn off your accessories, so the battery doesnât drain further. The warning light usually means that the alternator isnât working perfectly, meaning you are operating solely on battery power.It’s again exceedingly possible that your 2017 Jeep Patriot serpentine belt has malfunctioned. If you have various warning lights come on including the battery light, then pull over to a safe location if possible.Another possible symptom that could point to the serpentine belt as a cause for the battery warning light, is if steering becomes difficult or feels heavy. If the dash lights reveal overheating, then the water pump was on that belt too. If you’re near Phoenix and need immediate service, give Larry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Surprise a call at 4805681581. We can even arrange to have your 2017 Jeep Patriot brought in to us.
Installing Jeep Patriot Tires
Firestone Complete Auto Care installs more tires on more cars than most other companies. We’re a tire store that also offers professional tire installation, maintenance, and rotation, along with complete auto care. Buy 2017 Jeep Patriot tires online and schedule your installation when it’s convenient for you. Many stores are on weekends and into the evening to fit your schedule.
How Much Will A Car Battery Replacement Cost
Generally, a replacement battery could cost between $79 to $450, and the labor charges can range from $36 to $46. The prices can vary based on the battery size, type, output, and vehicle type.
Here are some battery cost examples:
- A standard flooded battery from Interstate Batteries could cost between $150 to $200. This Interstate battery comes with a 1.5-3 year free replacement warranty.
- The DieHard Platinum AGM battery starts at $219.99, while the DieHard Red starts at around $99.99.
- For the Tesla Model S, each battery module can cost between $5,000 to $7,000, and a complete battery replacement could cost around $20,000 to $35,000.
Also Check: South Carolina Republican Senate Primary
How Do 2017 Jeep Patriot Batteries Work
SLI stands for âstarting, lighting, and ignition.â This type of battery produces energy in order to power your lights, accessories, and engine. So, how do vehicle batteries work? Most vehicle batteries rely on a lead-acid chemical reaction to get your vehicle off & running. These types of batteries are considered part of the âSLIâ category. Once the energy reaches your engine, the alternator provides power. We offer a great selection and the best prices on batteries that were designed for your car. You can learn more about other types of batteries by reaching out to one of our useful service consultants. If you are shopping for a battery for your 2017 Jeep Patriot, count on Larry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Surprise. Book your service appointment immediately online today or call us at 4805681581 with any questions. With the help of our 2017 Jeep Patriot battery experts, we will get you back on the road instantly. We look forward to working with you!
Jeep Patriot Gas Tank Size
The 2017 Jeep Patriot has a gas tank size between 13.5 gallons and 13.6 gallons depending on the trim level andmodel options. See the data outlined in the table below.
On a full tank of fuel, the 2017 Jeep Patriot has a maximumrange in the city between 270and 299 miles depending on the trim level.
On a full tank of fuel, the 2017 Jeep Patriot has a maximumhighway driving range between 310and 367 miles depending on the trim level.
Recommended Reading: New Orleans Saints New England Patriots Tickets
How Often Should You Replace Your 2017 Jeep Patriot Battery
Every 3 to 5 years, but you should have your battery tested regularly for extreme drops in voltage to make sure it’s operating at a dependable level. Vehicle batteries ordinarily bear 12 to 13 volts unless you have a high-performance battery. Anything higher than 13 volts may reveal a damaged battery.
What Is A Battery
The battery, in conjunction with the alternator, supplies the electrical power needed for the lights, stereo and all other electrical components of the car. The battery stores electrical power to start the engine, and helps electronic components function when the alternator cannot produce enough power.
Recommended Reading: Patriot Health Alliance Coupon Code
Buying A Replacement Battery For Jeep Patriot
Your Patriot doesn’t have an expiration date, but its battery does. The average car battery lasts three to five years. You want to replace your 2017 Jeep Patriot battery before it fails and leaves you stranded. Pay attention to clues that your battery is on its way out. A slow engine crank, a blinking battery or check engine light, swollen battery case, corroded battery posts, or dim headlights can all be signs that your battery is waving goodbye.
Or, you can get a complimentary battery check at your nearest Firestone Complete Auto Care. Our equipment can see how much charge is left in your battery. Stop by for a free battery test and, if necessary, a battery replacement to help keep your 2017 Jeep Patriot running! Car batteries are only one of our many strong suits. Our technicians are well-acquainted with Jeepâs service specs for Patriot battery cold cranking amps and reserve capacity. Get help choosing the battery size that fits your car perfectly, and schedule an appointment today for a quick car battery replacement.
Whats Involved In Maintaining Or Replacing A Battery
Batteries are not one size fits all. There are several things to consider:
- Size:Typically based on your vehicles make, model and engine type, it is literally the footprint of the battery, along with placement of the battery terminals. Every battery has a slightly different terminal placement. Take care to make sure the new battery you are putting into your car, truck or SUV is the same size as the one you are replacing. Its got to be apples to apples. In other words, dont try to fit a pineapple into the space reserved for a canteloupe.
- Age:Like a loaf of fresh-baked bread, batteries are best when fresh, within six months of manufacture. Most batteries, like the one in your current vehicle, will have a date code to tell you this information. When in doubt, call the battery maker to decipher the date code.
- Cold Cranking Amps: Can this battery start your frozen SUV at 0 degrees Fahrenheit in the dead of winter when the oil is as thick as molasses? The higher the Cold Cranking Amps rating, the better the batterys starting power. The rating refers to the number of amps a 12-volt battery can deliver at 0 degrees F for 30 seconds, while maintaining at least 7.2 volts.
- Reserve Capacity: In the case of an alternator failure, the Reserve Capacitywill give you an estimate of how long your cars battery will be able to run on battery power alone, without the help of the alternator.
Read Also: How Many House Seats Were Won By Republicans
How Do You Know If Your 2017 Jeep Patriot Needs A New Battery
The most common symptoms of bad 2017 Jeep Patriot batteries are if your vehicle is slow to start after turning the key, or if your battery cables and connectors show signs of heavy corrosion. You may still notice a boisterous clicking sound when turning the key or if your electronics work but the vehicle won’t start. These are all tell tale signs of failing batteries on your 2017 Jeep Patriot. Give our experts at a call or book an online appointment here.
How Do I Replace The Battery In My Jeep
A confident do-it-your-selfer can replace a vehicle battery. Start by checking your vehicle owners manual for the batterys proper size and location. Find the positive and negative posts. The positive post will have a red plastic cover over it. Look for a + sign stamped onto the battery or printed on a nearby label. Loosen the negative terminal bolt and remove the cable. Be sure not to touch the positive post. Once you loosen the bolt, use a terminal puller to remove the cable. Repeat the sequence with the positive post.
Now remove the clamp or retaining system that keeps the battery in place. Carefully lift out the old battery. Look for any corrosion on the cables and remove it with a wire brush or terminal cleaning tool.
Drop in the new battery so that the positive post lines up with the red cable. Secure it with the battery retaining clamp that you removed earlier. If the battery has anti-corrosion washers, put them in place now and use a thin layer of anti-corrosion grease to prevent buildup. Tighten the positive cable and then do it all over again with the negative black cable.
Make sure the battery is secure and congratulations: youve replaced your cars battery!
Also Check: New England Patriots Throwback Jersey
What Are The Best Car Batteries To Buy
Popular car battery brands include DieHard Batteries, Odyssey, NAPA, AC Delco, Duralast, EverStart, just to name a few. Contact the adept experts at Larry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Surprise and we will be able to help determine the best car battery for your 2017 Jeep Patriot based on your needs and driving habits. This can be a tough question to answer. There are many factors that go into determining the “best” car battery, as many car batteries are designed with different factors in mind.
How Urgent Is A Car Battery Replacement
If youre experiencing failing car battery symptoms, you should get a replacement as soon as possible. Your regular mechanic should provide the service or you can search for car battery replacement near you. Our mobile mechanics can also come to you for convenience.
A dead car battery can bring your vehicle to a halt anytime, anywhere. But thats not the worst part. If your car has a swollen battery or one leaking battery acid, it could explode and damage your engine.
So, if you experience any battery failure signs, seek car battery replacement near you immediately.
Also Check: Could Bernie Sanders Beat Trump
How Long Do 2017 Jeep Patriot Batteries Last
2017 Jeep Patriot batteries usually last between 3-5 years, but this is variable depending on driving habits, the type of battery, weather conditions, and more. You can prolong the life of your Patriot battery by:
- Keeping your vehicle stored indoors away from extreme swings in temperature or climate
- Starting your 2017 Jeep Patriot invariably is essential. Don’t let your battery go unused for long periods of time.
- Proactively testing your battery
- Cleaning the terminals and posts of corrosion with the appropriate cleaning solution & a wire brush.
- Keeping the battery tightly fastened – did you know the vibrations of your car can loosen the connections and drastically rattle your battery’s components?
How To Replace The Jeep Patriot Fixed Key Key Fob Battery
Scroll down to see a full video tutorial or keep reading for a step by step guide.
What you will need:
- 1x CR2032 battery
- Flat-head screwdriver
Locate the small indentation on the bottom-left side of the key fob. Take a flathead screwdriver, insert it into this slot, and turn it like a key. The two halves of the device will come apart. Next, carefully remove the rubber piece with the buttons on it.
Now that you are inside, use your screwdriver to carefully remove the battery. Take a new CR2032 battery and click it into place positive side down. Finally, put the rubber piece back in place and click the face of the device back on. Thats all it takes, nice work!
Also Check: Promo Code For Patriot Getaways
Crown Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Greensboro Battery Replacement & Chrysler
At Crown Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Greensboro, our service team is comprised of Jeep talented certified mechanics that can help diagnose what is wrong with your battery. Call Crown Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Greensboro at 3368951348 or schedule battery service online for the fastest battery replacement in Greensboro NC. Our Jeep factory-trained mechanics can change your Patriot battery promptly at tremendously aggressive prices.Sometimes it is just a poor battery connection and tightening or reconnecting loose parts might get your 2017 Jeep Patriot started again. We will check your battery for any simple fixes such as cautiously examining your battery for corrosion build-up before recommending a full battery replacement. Our primary purpose is client service unlike many other auto repair shops. Outstanding service and economical prices are just two of many reasons people do business with Crown Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Greensboro.
Simple Steps To Change The Battery In Your Patriot’s Remote Key Fob
Inside of your remote key fob installed small coin battery. Remove any internal key first, and then try to pry apart the remote key fob.
Accurately try to pry apart your fob with pry tools. Remove CR2032 battery with flat head screwdriver.
Replace old battery with fresh one CR2032. Battery must be installed with the same polarity as was an old. Your keyless entry remote will not work if you mistakenly place battery wrong way.
Before assembling fobs case, check that all functions works by testing buttons on circuit board.
At this point squeeze keyless entry fob’s back cover together. Line your case pieces together and put it together by hands from top to bottom. Inspect your key fob body for gaps. If it is not tightly closed try to repeat last step.
Read Also: New England Patriots Women’s Dress
Jeep Patriot Battery Coupons & Specials In Phoenix
From full battery replacement to labor cost savings to huge discounts on battery parts, has you covered. You can find our battery replacement coupons here, or browse parts specials here. offers monthly battery coupons for your 2017 Jeep Patriot.If you can’t find the battery you’re looking for or want to speak to someone about our monthly discounts, give us a call at 4805681581 today. Our Jeep Patriot technicians are standing by to help you with all your automotive service needs.
What Are The Symptoms Related To A Bad Battery
The battery is considered dead when there isn’t enough charge to start the engine or run electrical components.
Normally, the first sign is dim lighting in the interior of the vehicle, and when you try to start it, the engine may crank slowly, or not at all. A very rapid clicking noise is normally heard if there is any charge left in the battery, but in many cases the vehicle will be completely unresponsive.
If the battery is losing charge while driving the vehicle, the battery warning light will illuminate, and the engine may stall.
Read Also: Patriot Flooring Supplies Delray Beach
Jeep Patriot Tire Questions
Inspecting and caring for your tires is one of the best ways to help them last. Get answers to common Jeep Patriot tire questions and learn how to care for new tires.
- Is Jeep tire inflation important? Even a tiny decrease in tire pressure could impact your safety and fuel economy. Maintaining proper tire pressure can help increase fuel economy, improve braking time, and boost tire lifespan.
- What do the tire sidewall numbers mean for my Jeep Patriot? Your tire sidewall numbers tell you the recommended load carrying capacity, speed rating, treadwear, traction, and tire size. Talk to a tire technician to learn how to read Jeep tire numbers.
- How do I check the tread depth on my Jeep tires? Stay on top of your tire tread depth to help avoid a dangerous drive. You can check tread depth with a penny. Hold the penny so that Abraham Lincoln is facing you, then place your penny into a tread groove upside down. If you can see the top of Abeâs head, your tread is shallow and it might be time for new Jeep Patriot tires.
Top Patriot Car Battery Questions
Firestone Complete Auto Care has answers to your top car battery questions. If you have a Patriot-specific battery question, pay us a visit. Our technicians have the answers.
- Why wonât my Patriot battery hold a charge? A car battery that needs to be jump-started every time is as good as dead. The battery might be old. Or, you may have been leaving your car doors ajar and the lights on overnight. Stop by for a free battery test at your favorite Firestone Complete Auto Care and get a handle on your car batteryâs health.
- What do you do with my dead Patriot battery? We recycle it, taking care of both your car and the Earth.
- How much do DieHard batteries cost for your Jeep Patriot? Jeep Patriot batteries can be affordable, especially when there’s an available battery coupon. The best part is every DieHard battery comes with a free replacement warranty and extra coverage with DieHard Assurance.
Also Check: The Patriot Wood Burning Fire Bowl Designer Edge
Jeep Patriot Battery Coupons & Specials In Greensboro
You can find our battery replacement coupons here, or browse parts specials here. Crown CDJR offers monthly battery coupons for your 2017 Jeep Patriot. From full battery replacement to labor cost savings to huge discounts on battery parts, Crown CDJR has you covered.If you can’t find the battery you’re looking for or want to speak to someone about our monthly discounts, give us a call at 3368951348 today. Our Jeep Patriot technicians are standing by to help you with all your automotive service needs.