Flag Raising At Fort Sumter
If you are on the first ferry of the day, you can head to the top of the stairs for the flag-raising ceremony. We were lucky enough to get to participate in the ceremony and would highly recommend it. It is a great way to pay respect to the fallen heroes who served, especially those in the Civil War.
How Much Does It Cost To Visit Fort Sumter
There is no admission cost for Fort Sumter but there is a cost for the ferry ride to the island.
Fort Sumter Ferry Ticket Costs
Adults: $30 Seniors & Active Military: $28 Child: $18 Infant: Free
Infants do need to have a ticket to board the boat so be sure to include them in your reservation.
Fort Sumter Ferry Departure Schedule
Patriots Points: 10:45 am and 1:45 pmLiberty Square: 9:30 am, 12:15 pm, and 3 pm
The tours times vary throughout the year so please confirm these schedules online when purchasing tickets.
More Time For Charleston Sites
- Magnolia Plantation & Gardens claims to be Charlestons most visited plantation, and has also been selected as one of Americas Most Beautiful Gardens.
- Pirates Tour a popular thing to do during the day or night in Charleston.
- Beaufort, South Carolina if youre up for a little road trip, head 70 miles south to this charming city. Its less touristy than Charleston, and the southern charm is on full display.
- Hilton Head Island travel just 35 miles beyond Beaufort and visit this neat area that hosts 2.5 million visitors annually. Check out my blog post: 5 of the Best Things to Do on Hilton Head.
- Old Exchangeand Provost Dungeon built in 1771 , history comes alive at this Charleston landmark as Colonial-dressed guides talk about pirates, patriots and presidents.
Fort Sumter Tours Promotional Code
- Fort Sumter Tours & Spiritline – Charleston, SC Groupon. CODES Fort Sumter Tours & Spiritline. 180 Calhoun St, Charleston, SC 29401 Directions. +18437221691. Fort Sumter Tours & Spiritline Cruises in Charleston, SC provides every single
Attractions Near Fort Sumter National Monument
The departure point for the Fort Sumter tours is 10 minutes from Downtown Charleston giving you lots of other attractions to visit in the area. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Charleston.
- Joe Riley Waterfront Park
- Chow Down Charleston Food Tours
- The Battery
- Isles of Palm County Park
- Folly Beach
Also Check: Trump 1998 People Magazine Interview
Combo: Online Only Boone Hall & Fort Sumter
Online Combo Tour 2022 Boone Hall Plantation & Fort Sumter TourBook Now!Departing from both Liberty Square in downtown Charleston and Patriots Point, Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
Double the Fun!! Two entertaining & educational Tours for one COMBO price! Fort Sumter Tours is offering Visitors the opportunity to experience two historic sites. Access one by Land and one by Sea! The two Tours may be taken same day or on separate daysyou choose what works best for the Travel Itinerary of your Family & Friends. Booking is E-Z! Both sites are nationally significant and a perfect complement to a visit to historic Charleston, South Carolina ranked as the #1 Tourism Destination by numerous national publications and visitor surveys. In fact, this COMBO Tour Package is a great way for your Family & Friends to have fun, walk, learn and experience fascinating fresh air Tours.
Fort Sumter Tours is a National Park Concessioner and is the only Tour allowed to dock at Fort Sumter. You will enjoy the cruise through Charleston Harbor to Fort Sumter seeing the waterside view of Charlestons architectural gems, Rainbow Row, White Point Gardens & more!
Fort Sumter Tours Spiritline Cruises
- Fort Sumter Tours Spiritline Cruises 722-BOAT TOUR PROFESSIONAL RATES FOR 2018 Fort Sumter Tour Group Rates Adults : $20.00 Adult Seniors: $18.00 Students Grades 6 12: $17.50 Children Grades PreK 5: $12.00 Children 3 and under are free
Recommended Reading: Where Are Patriot Tires Made
Spiritline Cruise Promo Code
- spiritline cruise promo code is known for providing some of the most exciting opportunities for customers on a tight budget. Even better, right here at GetVouchersForFree, we always share the finest spiritline cruise promo code.They’re recognized for their distinctive and fashionable products with discounts of up to 30%, visiting our site often so you won’t miss any offers.
Glimpse Back Into Naval History
Guests will take a step into military history when they enter the Patriots Point Museum, home of the USS Yorktown aircraft carrier, the USS Laffey Battleship, the Vietnam Experience Exhibit, the Cold War Memorial, and the Medal of Honor Museum. Tours depart in the morning and guests will have approximately 4 hours to explore the exhibits of these amazing examples of maritime and WWII history.
Also Check: Did Trump Call Republicans Stupid
Charleston Harbor Tours & Dinner Cruises
- Dinner cruises include: Overhead Music. Enjoy great overhead music aboard a SpiritLine Dinner Cruise. Water Front Dining. Enjoy a 3 or 4 course dinner, made to order onboard from local seasonal ingredients. Amazing Sunset Views. Revel in the views of Charleston and her harbor as you cruise into the evening.
Spiritline Cruises Fort Sumter Tours Announce Tour Package With Boone Hall
Fort Sumter Tours and SpiritLine Cruises have partnered with Boone Hall Plantation in Mount Pleasant to offer Charleston area visitors a new way to experience Charleston history on land and water.
Guests may choose a combo tour to visit both Boone Hall Plantation and Fort Sumter. Fort Sumter Tours is the authorized concessioner to the National Park Service and the only tour allowed to dock at Fort Sumter, a unit of the National Park Service. Enjoy a cruise in the Charleston harbor on your way to Fort Sumter where the first shots of the Civil War were fired. Fort Sumter Tours departs from Patriots Point, 40 Patriots Point Road in Mount Pleasant and from Fort Sumter Visitor and Education Center, 340 Concord St. in downtown Charleston.
As part of the tour package, guests also get access to Boone Hall where they can walk the blooming gardens, learn about Gullah culture and tour a historic mansion. Boone Hall, founded in 1681, is a top tourist attraction in the Charleston area and Americas most-photographed plantation. Boone Hall is located at 1235 Long Point Road in Mount Pleasant.
A second tour option, Boone Hall & SpiritLine Cruises Charleston Harbor Tour, combines a live narration tour of the Charleston Harbor and the opportunity to explore Boone Hall, one of Americas oldest working farms.
Purchase tickets and access detailed safety information at spiritlinecruises.com.
About SpiritLine Cruises
Fort Sumter Ferry Departure Points
40 Patriots Point RoadMt. Pleasant, SC 29464
When booking your Fort Sumter tour ticket for the ferry be sure to pay attention to your departure point Patriots Point or Liberty Square.
Ferry tickets do sell out ahead of time. The Park Service recommends buying your tickets at least 2-3 days in advance.
The ferry ride from Fort Sumter to Charleston is about 30 minutes. The overall tour is 2 hours and 15 minutes with about an hour left to walk the grounds.
The ferry boat is three-levels with some seating and tables. The indoor seating is limited so if it is a sunny day pack your sunscreen and hats. If you are visiting with small children bring some small entertainment items if you think they will need them. We got a few snacks on board the ferry and looked for dolphins and the time passed quickly.
An American Heroine From Wwii To Vietnam
The USS YORKTOWN was the tenth aircraft carrier to serve in the United States Navy. Under construction as BON HOMME RICHARD, this new Essex-class carrier was renamed in honor of YORKTOWN sunk at the epic Battle of Midway . Built in an amazing 16 ½ months at Newport News, Virginia, YORKTOWN was commissioned on April 15, 1943. World War IIs famous Fighting Lady would participate significantly in the Pacific offensive that began in late 1943 and ended with the defeat of Japan in 1945. YORKTOWN received the Presidential Unit Citation and earned 11 battle stars for service in World War II.
In the 1950s, YORKTOWN was modernized to operate jet aircraft as an attack carrier . In 1957, she was re-designated an anti-submarine aircraft carrier , and would later earn 5 battle stars for service off Vietnam . The ship also recovered the Apollo 8 astronauts and capsule . YORKTOWN was decommissioned in 1970 and placed in reserve.
In 1975, this historic ship was towed from Bayonne, NJ to Charleston to become the centerpiece of Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum.
How To Get To Patriots Point
If you have a car, you might want to take a drive to Patriots Point. Only about 10-minutes from Downtown Charleston, the drive is worth it. Crossing over the impressive Ravenel Bridge is an attraction unto itself.
If you dont have a car, dont worry you can get to Patriots Point via the Charleston Water Taxi too. It departs once an hour and takes a little over 30 minutes to reach the other side. You can also choose to stay on the ferry for the entire route, which takes approximately 60 minutes. A local company also offers helicopter rides to and from Patriots Point.
Sticky Fingers Snack Shack
There are two Sticky Fingers Snack Shacks at Patriots Point. Located conveniently in Hangar Bay 3 and landside of the YORKTOWN, the snack bars feature a selection of barbecue, wings, and more from the legendary local restaurant. Guests can sit and enjoy their food on the outdoor sponson of the YORKTOWN, with a perfect view of the LAFFEY. * Hours of operation modified seasonally.
You May Like: How Many Senate Republicans Voted For Obamacare
How To Visit Fort Sumter And Patriots Point
Fort Sumter and Patriots Point are two Charleston attractions that are popular with history buffs, nature lovers and photographers. While the exhibits at Fort Sumter focus mostly on Civil War history, the attractions at Patriots Point revolve primarily on the history of World War II and the Vietnam War.
Patriots Point and Fort Sumter can be visited in tandem or separately. Yet many visitors choose to visit them on the same day because Fort Sumter can be reached from Patriots Point by boat. There is also a water taxi that shuttles passengers to Patriots Point from Downtown Charleston.
Tour The City & Fort Sumter On A Combo Tour
Experience the Old Market area and the historic homes and churches where generations of Charlestonians worked, lived, and worshiped.
Step out of the air-conditioned minibus onto the famous Battery Seawall. See and hear about Fort Sumter, the Harbor of History, and the Aircraft Carrier Yorktown at Patriots Point.
PLUS enjoy a cruise to historic Fort Sumter where the Civil War began. The Fort Sumter tour lasts 2 1/4 hours and may be taken with the city tour, or you may split them and take them on different days.
Recommended Reading: Southern Democrats Became Republicans
Spiritline Cruises Announces Reopening Of Tours Cruises
- Fort Sumter Tours and SpiritLine Cruises are once again offering harbor cruises and trips to Fort Sumter. The company has implemented detailed protocols and cleaning procedures to ensure the health and safety of guests and staff. All tours had been closed since mid
What To See At Patriots Point
The biggest attraction at Patriots Point is the maritime museum that features three vessels:
- USS Yorktown
There are also a few other attractions that appeal to visitors, including:
- Cold War Memorial
- Waterfront park and pier
- Patriot Point Links golf course
You should plan to spend at least three hours here if you want ample time to visit all three vessels and time to take photos of the surrounding areas.
You May Like: Patriot Lighting Belle Collection
Estta Tracking Number: Estta877340 Filing Date:
- IN THE UNITED STATES PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE BEFORE THE TRADEMARK TRIAL AND APPEAL BOARD SPIRITLINE CRUISES, LLC, Opposer, v. TOUR MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC. Applicant. Opposition No. 91224000 Mark: CHARLESTON HARBOR TOURS Serial No.: 86334681 Published in the Official Gazette 05/26/2015
Spiritline Cruises: Employee Directory
- SpiritLine Cruises Employee Directory. SpiritLine Cruises corporate office is located in 340 Concord St, Charleston, South Carolina, United States and has 18 employees. spiritline cruises llc. fort sumter tours inc. spiritline cruises. fort sumter tours. spiritline cruises l.l.c. spiritline cruises
You May Like: Permanent Democratic Majority
Tour Operators In Charleston Sc
- Fort Sumter Tours and SpiritLine Cruises 360 Concord Street #201 Charleston, SC Ph: 722-2628, 881-7337 Lat: 32.791027 Lng: -79.925623 Get driving directions Panoramio Photos View on Google Map View on Bing Map View on Yahoo Map
Spiritline Cruises Fort Sumter Tours Announce Tour
- About SpiritLine Cruises. SpiritLine offers daily harbor tours, evening public dinner cruises and private charters. In addition to harbor tours and special events, in 1961 the Campsen family of Charleston founded Fort Sumter Tours to provide daily excursions to the Fort Sumter National Historic Park. For more information, visit …
Read Also: How Much Is The Patriot Power Generator
Fort Sumter Tours / Spiritline Cruises 360 Concord St Ste
- Fort Sumter Tours / Spiritline Cruises provides a range of boat tours. It also offers yachts for wedding receptions, corporate parties and private charters. The company operates Spirit of Carolina that features enclosed climate controlled dining salons, open observation decks and a full-service onboard galley.
Uss Yorktown/fort Sumter Tour Combo
The Ultimate Patriotic Combo offered in Charleston! Experience where the American Civil War began and walk in the steps of Heroes! You will cruise to historic Fort Sumter and explore where the first shot of Americas Civil War was fired and enjoy Charlestons harbor . From there, you will walk in the steps of heroes on the USS Yorktown at Patriots Point. After this day you will leave having a great sense of Patriotism. Please note: this discounted combo is for purchase online only and not available at the ticket windows. Does not include transportation to Patriot Point.Please note: the Clamagore remains closed due to covid, but the Vietnam experience is open with the except of a few bunkers.
Fort Sumter Tours is an authorized National Park Service Concessioner operating the only commercial boat transportation to Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park. Upon arrival, National Park Rangers protecting this historic site for future generations to enjoy, make the Fort Sumter experience both educational and fun.
Please note: starting on Monday, Sept. 13, USS Yorktown will open weekdays from 10 to 5 and on weekends from 9 to 5. In all cases the ticket window will close at 4 p.m. The off-season hours will last through February.
Recommended Reading: How Many Republicans In Senate 2017
Fort Sumter / Old South Carriage Tour
Book With Confidence:
Old South is the only carriage company that offers a Fort Sumter/ Carriage Tour Combo. Buy as a package and save!
We encourage you to book your Historic Residential Carriage Tour first to reserve a time. You may then upgrade to the Combo Tour when you arrive at 14 Anson St.
Fort Sumter Tour times vary by season.
Adults $72.00 | Children $51.00 | Infants Free
You can enjoy the carriage tour and Fort Sumter tour the same day or on different days.
If you want to do both tours on the same day, plan around the Fort Sumter Tour schedule as there are fewer departures. Carriage tours typically depart every 15 to 30 minutes throughout the day, depending on the season.
If you want to take the Old South Carriage tour first
Book your reservation here with Old South Carriage Co. When you check in for your carriage tour, purchase a combo upgrade and receive a voucher for your Fort Sumter tour. Present this voucher to the Fort Sumter ticket window 30 minutes prior to the tours departure. If you have any questions regarding your Fort Sumter tour, call .
If you want to take the Fort Sumter tour first
Fort Sumter And Boone Hall Plantation
On this second day, check out two popular Charleston sites: Fort Sumter and Boone Hall Plantation. You can save some money by purchasing thecombo ticket online that gives you admission for both in the same day.
After grabbing some breakfast, walk to Liberty Square where youll board the ferry to Fort Sumter. Its where the first shots of the Civil War are said to have been fired.
After a 30-minute ferry ride to the island, youll have about an hour to spend at the Fort, primarily exploring on your own.
The first ferry leaves at 9:30 a.m. and I think thats the best one to take so you can witness the flag raising presentation, which is the first thing done at the fort each day.
The ferry time back to the mainland brings the total tour time to two hours. Views of the harbor and city and beautiful bridge make the ferry rides to the fort and back well worth your time.
From Liberty Square, head to Boone Hall Plantation. Many TV series and movies were shot here, including one of my favorites, The Notebook.
Basic lunch options are available onsite, so Id recommend just eating at Boone Hall to maximum your afternoon. Youre going to want to spend several hours there.
As you arrive, youll go through the famous Avenue of the Oaks an absolutely gorgeous three-quarter mile drive lined with giant oak trees covered in Spanish-moss.
Then, youll want to tour the main house and gardens.